This blog is quite random. It all started from that I was trying to download those awesome pictures taken by Airbnb professional photographers from my listings. Airbnb offers this great free program for Airbnb hosts to have a better pictures to showcase their home. They really make a huge difference compared to the ones taken by my poor iPhone 6. Usually the Airbnb photographer will upload the photos to your listing right after the shooting, and the hosts won’t be able to get a copy of those. You are able to view the downsized pictures, and maybe take a screenshot if you want to keep them, but the quality are very disappointing. So I took advantage of my web design and web development expertise, and figured out a way to download the pictures in original size and decent quality from your Airbnb listings. Here we go:
1) Log into your Airbnb account and go to the listing.
2) Click the photo you wanna download, a downsized image will pop up.
3) Right click on the image that just popped out. Copy image address.
4) Open up a new tab in your web browser. Paste the image address into the address bar then press enter. At this stage, the picture is bigger than what you saw in the beginning but we want something better.
5) Copy the URL in the address bar again, and paste them into the Notepad. Let’s take a look at the URL. See the original picture is hiding behind the REAL URL that I highlight below(everything before the question mark). The rest of them are just a bunch of codes that reduce the size and quality of images for a better loading time for Airbnb users.
6) Copy and paste the highlighted URL into the new tab. Hu~Hu~Hu~ Here is your 1440 x 961 high quality image! Right click on the image, then you will be able to download it with no problem.